Usually, by using the essence of the coffee bean, you can also prepare a coffee bean cake. In this type of cake, you may find a strong taste and flavor of the coffee bean. Those who are regular coffee drinkers can instantly recognize the coffee taste in this cake.
Mostly, those who always enjoy the taste of coffee, for them such type of desserts will appeal. Also, those who like additinf strong flavors and also prefer caffeine to sweet foods will also enjoy the coffee cake.
If you are interested to read a better review about coffee cake then perhaps you can find that from the website Coffiery.com
However, one must be able to distinguish between coffee bean cake and any common dessert. In certain cultures, it is simply called “coffee cake.” Usually, coffee cake is served along with coffee. Typically, this type of cake will taste like any other breakfast cake having the flavor elements as frosting or cinnamon included.
How to make coffee cake?
The following are the ingredients needed to prepare coffee cake:
For crumble topping:
- Butter or cooking spray for baking dish
- Granulated sugar – 1/3 cup
- Packed light/dark brown sugar – 1/3 cup
- Ground cinnamon – 2 teaspoons
- Unsalted butter (melted) – 8 tablespoons
- All-purpose flour – 1 cup
For the cake:
- Unsalted butter (at room temperature) – 8 tablespoons
- Granulated sugar – 1½ cups
- Large eggs – 2 nos
- Vanilla extract – 2 teaspoons
- All-purpose flour – 2 ¼ cups
- Salt -1 teaspoon
- Baking powder – 2 teaspoons
- Full-fat sour cream – 1¼ cups
- Baking soda – ¼ teaspoon
For the icing:
- Powdered sugar – 1 cup
- Milk – 2 tablespoons
- Vanilla or almond extract – 1/2 teaspoon
- 9×13” baking dish
- Baking sheet
- Mixing bowls
- Stand mixer or hand mixer
- Wire cooling rack
- Prepare the baking dish by heating the oven to 350°F.
- Prepare the crumble topping.
- Mix all the butter, eggs, and sugar for the cake.
- Now beat in the entire dry ingredients and cream. Place the salt, flour, baking soda, and also baking powder in a medium bowl and combine them.
- By using a mixer at low speed, beat in ⅓rd of the flour mixture, then followed by ½ of the sour cream. Now beat in half of your remaining flour followed by the left over sour cream, and then finish with the remaining flour.
- Keep beating till the batter until you use all the dry flour, then increase the speed and beat for just a few seconds. The batter should be smooth without any lumps.
- Next, transfer the batter to the pan and sprinkle crumbs on it. By using your hands, try to break up the reserved crumble mixture and then sprinkle it evenly over the top.
- Now, bake your coffee cake for 40 – 50 minutes until the cake is springy when you can gently press the middle. If you insert a toothpick in the middle then it should come out clean.
- Cool the cake.
- Drizzle the cake with icing.