As much as each people might be having their best food and recipes, Middle East has appeared to be the top in the world of recipes. Middle Eastern foods are healthy and delicious with nutritional value and weight watchers to control your weight gain and loss. The healthy dishes have all types of lifestyle and diets you would love and enjoy to take. Food is never more flavorful and delicious than when it comes from the Middle East, the world of dishes. So, let us understand some of the top Middle Eastern dishes you should know.
1. MorasaPulau (Jeweled Rice)
It is the best rice dish at weddings and banquets for Iran. The rice is jeweled with bright fruit stripes and nuts throughout the steaming rice.
It serves four as a starter meal.
- Whiten nuts in boiling water. Fry barberries and raisins in butter until swollen. Fry carrots, onion, and the orange peel separately in little oil until they are soft.
- Cook the rice, but before it starts cooking, stir through after adding cinnamon and saffron.
- Turn the rice into a dish after cooking. Lays stripes of jewels across the top in little rows and contrasting the colors.
2. Cauliflower And Chickpea Tagine
The delicious tagine is a type of dish prepared in the middle atlas region.it is the best way of making tasty cauliflower and cabbage. Tagine served with bread is good. It serves 4-6 people.
- Onion in heated oil and butter in a saucepan and cooks until soft.
- Add garlic, coriander seeds, and sugar and cook until garlic and onions change color. Toss in chickpeas and cauliflower.
- Add chopped tomato, stir harissa and add water to cover the mixture. Reduce the heat after boiling and cook gently until the cauliflower becomes soft.
- Add salt and pepper, toss in coriander and preserved lemon and cook for a few minutes and garnish with cilantro and preserved lemon.
3. Classic Turkish Menemen
Menemen are prepared and loved by the Istanbulites.they are scrambled eggs cooked with tomatoes and green peppers. The food serves for 4.
- Warm olive oil in a pan and add chopped green pepper and allow to cook until soft. Stir in tomatoes and simmer until all moisture evaporates.
- Fold in whisked eggs. You can cook or stir the egg twice and remove the pan.
- Serve with plenty of crusty bread.
4. Persian Tas Kebab
Persians, Turkish, and Iranians like making the kebabs.they are meat layered with vegetables and fruit and baked in tomato sauce.It serves for 4-6
How to Prepare
- Preheat the oven to 190C. Layer the onions, celery, and leak at the bottom baking plate. Add chicken on top and sprinkle spices and flavor. Add vegetables and prunes on top and around the chicken.
- Mix tomato sauce, tomato, olive, and water together. Pour the mixture on top of the chicken and vegetables. Cover with aluminum foil and bake until cooked.
5. Ottoman Lamb
The lamb is prepared and served to a sultan lost in the bush. Ottoman lamb is prepared by;
- Remove the skin and fat from the lamb to expose the flesh. Make cuts all-round the leg using a knife. Marinade ingredients mixed and poured over the lamb rubbing into the wounds. Leave the lamb to marinate for a day.
- Drain the lamb from marinade and roast the leg.
6. Mjaddarah (Rice With Lentils)
Rice with lentils is a favorite dish prepared by the Mediterranean. The number of servers is 8. It is made by;
- Wash the rice and lentils and cook together with salt and pepper.
- Fry onions aside in olive oil and the cooked lentils and rice.
- Add taste and flavor using parsley over and lemon juice.
It is a staple food in the Mediterranean people. It’s made from ground toasted sesame.
How to Prepare
- Soak sesame seeds in water and crush to separate the kernels from the bran. Soak crushed grains in water to allow the bran to sink. The nuts float and are removed from the surface, toasted, and ground to produce an oily paste.
Bourekas are baked pastries most popular in Israel. But they originated in Asia as a Burga. Bourekas served as snacks or appetizers are better.
- You can prepare Bourekas using puff pastry and filling with either cheese, eggplant, meat, or spinach.
It is a vegetable salad that originated from Syria. The mixture is of finely chopped tomatoes, onion, parsley, mint bulgur, and flavored with olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
Falafel is a fried vegetarian fritter that originated from the Arabs. It is a source of protein and less cholesterol.
- Soak beans or chickpeas overnight.
- Remove and drain the beans. Pour in a food processor along with onions, parsley, salt, garlic, pepper, coriander, and flour.
- Pulse until the mixture forms a paste, and pour into a bowl.
- Cover the bowl with plastic and refrigerate.
- Form falafel mixture into round balls using hands and fry in olive oil.
Middle Eastern food is unique and easy to cook if you would like to learn. A single food recipe is so delicious, with proteins and a well-balanced diet for your body. The nutrients mixture in the food are your body watchers in terms of weight, infections, and replacing the nutrients of what you cannot eat. Middle East nations are well known as a World of recipes because of their love to cook and prepare delicious meals.